Although this tutorial was written with the Seasoned Pro theme by Feast Design Company in mind, the same principal will apply to many of the themes built on the Genesis Framework. My own Happy & Playful theme already utilizes this functionality.
The Seasoned Pro theme’s home page is made up of a number of widgets. One user indicated that they would like to allow their readers to read additional posts from the home page.
If you are displaying specific categories on the home page, adding a link to additional posts is built in to the widget as show in the screenshot below:
If you’ve chosen to display posts from all categories, using this option doesn’t work, as there is no particular category archive to jump to.
We can get around this by adding a text widget, with a button (or just a regular link), linking to our blog page (when adding the text widget to your own site, replace the # with the URL of your site’s blog):
In the demo, here’s how the widgets display in the Home Bottom:
And with the button:
Need help? Have a question?
Are you anxious to get started with your own website, but don’t have the time (or inclination)? I can do it all for you. My services include:
- Entire Website setup (purchase of domain & hosting; installation of WordPress, the Genesis Framework and the child theme of your choice)
- 24 hour theme setup (use this if you have already purchased your domain & hosting, and have WordPress installed)
- Theme tweaks (if you want something a little beyond the basic setup)
- WordPress one-on-one training
- Fully custom website/blog