I received a recent request from someone who was looking to Link Widget to Pages instead of Posts in the Divine theme by Restored 316 Designs.
By default, the Home Triple Bottom section links to three blog posts. Because the widget is not a “flexible widget”, replacing the one widget linking to three blog posts with three widgets linking to separate pages would stack vertically, rather than display horizontally.
Here’s the default widget settings for the Home – Triple Bottom widget:
The solution would be to either convert the widget into a “flexible widget”, or be a little creative if you’re looking for a solution which doesn’t require coding experience. Let’s go the easy route!
Setup – Link Widget to Pages instead of Posts in Divine theme
- Install and activate the Widget CSS Classes Plugin
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets > Home – Triple Bottom; drag three Genesis Featured Page widgets to this location
- If you wish to have a widget title, drag a Text Widget to the same location; add a title.
- Choose your desired pages. Configure each widget as shown in this screenshot
- Add the appropriate CSS Class to each of the Genesis Featured Page widgets. The first one will have a CSS class of one-third first. The other two will have a CSS class of one-third
- Once setup, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS > add the CSS below:
Here’s the final result:
Did you know I offer a theme setup service? Get your Restored 316 theme installed and set up like the demo in under 24 hours. Learn more here.