If you’ve purchased a theme from StudioPress, myself, or Pretty Darn Cute Design, you will find within your zip file, or the theme’s set up instructions a .XML file. This file contains “demo” content – sample posts, pages, menus, categories etc. It’s an easy way to add content to your site when you don’t already have any of your own. This will allow you to envision how a home page of a site will look and function.
To get started:
Extract the .XML file from the zip folder (either the theme’s zip file, or the zip file downloaded from the theme setup instructions.
How to Use the XML File to Import the Demo Site’s Content
Log into your site as an administrator, then go to:
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Select Desired file (browse on computer)
- Click “Upload File & Import)
- Assign posts to an existing user, or create new user
- Check the box to “Download and Import File Attachments
- Click “Submit”
The demo content will then download.