In this tutorial, I will show you how to create a WordPress Menu.
How to create a WordPress Menu
In order to add a menu to your site, you will first new to create one or more menus.
- In you dashboard, go to Menus.
- Click the “Create a Menu” link.
- Give your menu a name.
- Then click the “create menu” button.
Once you have created your menu, edit the menu to add items (pages, categories, links…)
- Select a menu to edit.
- Add pages, categories or links to your menu.
- Click “add to menu” when you have selected which pages to add to the menu.
- When done, click “save menu”
If you wish to display a sub-menu (a drop-down), add your desired menu items, and then drag them to indent under your desired top-level menu:
If you wish to display a top-level menu item which is non-clickable (but has multiple sub-menu items):
Navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus:
- Select your desired menu to edit
- Select “Custom Links”. Add in # as the URL. Add your desired Link Text
- Select “Add to Menu”
- Move the menu to your desired location.
Don’t forget to save your menu!
Finally, you will need to assign the menu to a location. Most themes have two locations – Primary and Secondary Navigation.
- Click the “Manage Locations” tab.
- Choose which menu to assign to which location.
- Save your changes
Leave a Reply