The Simple Social Icons widget is available if you’ve installed and activated the plugin. It is used to display links to your social media profiles and can be used in any widgeted area, such as a sidebar or a footer.
This widget is used in the Primary Sidebar widget area in the demo.
Go to Appearance > Widgets to add a Simple Social Icons widget to any widget area.
To configure the widget, click on the title bar to open it and configure the settings as described below:
Size, Style, and Colors
- Title: Add a title, if desired. Select Open links in new window (so that your visitors are not being entirely directed away from your website
- Icon Size: Enter the size of the icon you’d like to use.
- Icon Border Radius: If you’d like the background of the icons to have curved corners, enter the size of the curves here. Entering 50 or above will generally produce a round icon.
- Border Width: If you’d like the icons to have a border, enter the width of the border here. When set to 0, there will be no border.
- Alignment: Choose whether the icon set should be aligned to the left, center, or right.
- Icon Color: Enter the hex code for the icon color. In the Happy & Playful theme demo, the Icon color is #e6518a
- Icon Hover Color: Enter the hex code for the hover color of the icon. In the Happy & Playful theme demo, the Icon hover color is #a4d861
- Background Color: Enter the hex code for the background color of the icons.
- Background Hover Color: Enter the hex code for the hover color of the background.
- Border Color: If you are using a border, enter the hex code for the color of the border.
- Border Hover Color: If you are using a border, enter the hex code for the hover color of the border.
Enter the URLs of the social profiles you’d like to display in this widget. An icon will only appear if there is a URL in the field. For example, if you do not add a URL to the YouTube field, that icon will not be displayed.