The Home – Top widget area in the Happy & Playful theme demo uses one (1) Genesis – Featured Posts widget to display the title, an image, and a portion of the content of a post.
Genesis – Featured Posts Widget Configuration
Go to Appearance > Widgets to add a Genesis Featured Posts widget to this area.
To configure the widget, click on the title bar to open it and change the settings as described below:
The settings that have been configured in the theme demo are as follows:
- Title: Enter a title to appear above the widget, if desired. The demo uses Welcome
- Category: Select which category you’d like to feature.
- Number of Posts to Show: Enter the number of posts you’d like to display in this widget. The demo displays one (1) post.
- Show Featured Image: Check the box if you’d like to enable the display of the featured image in this widget.
- Image Size: The demo uses the blog-featured image size (720px by 470px)
- Image Alignment: The demo uses -None- (which is the default option)
- Show Post Title: Check the box to display the featured post title under the featured image.
- Content Type: Choose whether to display the Excerpt, Content, a Content Limit or No Content. The demo uses Show Excerpt
- More Text (if applicable)
- Click Save to preserve your settings.