The Home – Middle Widget Area in the Happy & Playful theme uses one (1) Genesis – Featured Posts widget to display the image, title, and a portion of content of four posts in a two-column layout, and a text widget with a link to the Blog page of the theme.
Genesis – Featured Posts Widget Configuration
Go to Appearance > Widgets to add a Genesis Featured Posts widget to this area.
To configure the widget, click on the title bar to open it and change the settings as described below:
The settings that have been configured in the theme demo are as follows:
- Title: Enter a title to appear above the widget, if desired. The demo uses From the blog
- Category: Select which category you’d like to feature. The demo displays all categories
- Number of Posts to Show: Enter the number of posts you’d like to display in this widget. The demo displays two (4) posts.
- Number of Posts to Offset: The demo offsets one (1) post (skipping the first post, which displays in the Home Top widget.
- Show Featured Image: Check the box to enable the display of the featured image in this widget.
- Image Size: Select the desired image size for your featured image. The demo displays vertical-featured (800px by 1200px)
- Image Alignment: Select whether the featured image should be aligned to the Left, Right, or Center of the text. You can also select None which allows the featured image to be displayed on the top of the text. The demo is using None.
- Show Post Title: Check the box to display the featured post title under the featured image.
- Content Type: Choose whether to display the Excerpt, Content, a Content Limit or No Content. The demo uses Show Content.
- Limit content to: If you selected Content Limit, enter the number of characters that should be displayed. The demo limits the content to 150 characters.
- More Text (if applicable): If you selected Content Limit, enter the text that you’d like to have linked to the post. The demo uses Read More »
- Click Save to preserve your settings.