The Genesis User Profile widget is used to display a user’s gravatar and short bio with a link to more information. It can be used in any widget area, such as a sidebar or a footer.
This widget is used in the Primary Sidebar widget area in the demo.
Note: Users must have an account at http://gravatar.com with an image uploaded before their gravatar will be displayed in this widget.
Go to Appearance > Widgets to add a Genesis User Profile widget to any widget area.
To configure the widget, click on the title bar to open it and configure the settings as described below:
- Title: Add a title, if desired (example: About Me or About the Author).
- Select a user: Select the user whose profile will be displayed in the widget.
- Gravatar Size: Select the desired image size for the Gravatar image.
- Gravatar Alignment: Select the image alignment (None, Left, or Right) in relation to the Author Description text (step 5 below).
- Author Description: You may display the author bio text from the user profile (located in Users > Your Profile) or you may add custom text in the box.
- Extended About Me page: If you’d like to display a link to a page with more information, select the page here.
- Extended page link text: If you chose to display a link to a page to display more information (above), enter the text for that link here.
- Show Author Archive Link: Check the box if you also wish to add a link to the user’s archive page.