Accessing The Genesis Theme Settings
The Genesis Theme Settings allow you to configure the settings for features like the content archives and default theme layout.
Genesis Theme Settings Overview
The Genesis Theme settings screen consists of a number of Genesis Specific settings.
- Information – Displays information and update notification options for the Genesis Framework.
- Custom Feeds – Allows you to redirect your RSS feed URLs if you’re using a feed delivery service.
- Default Layout – Determines site-wide layout for posts, pages, and archive views. The theme may override this setting for the home page and alternative settings can be used on a per page, post, or archive basis.
- Breadcrumbs – Breadcrumbs guiding users back, incrementally, to your home page can be configured to display on different content types.
- Comments and Trackbacks – Comments and Trackbacks can be completely disabled for Posts or Pages. Existing Comments and Trackbacks will continue to display. These are global settings and cannot be overridden at the post or page level.
- Content Archives – Controls the display options for Date, Category, Tag, Taxonomy, and Author archive views.
- Blog Page Template – Controls the display options for Pages using the Blog Page Template.
- Header and Footer Scripts – Add site-wide scripts to the header or footer of your site. These are often used for statistical tracking scripts from third party services.
Specific settings for the Happy & Playful theme are outlined in more detail below.
How To Configure The Default Page Layout
The Happy & Playful theme uses the Content > Sidebar option in the theme demo for all site pages except the home page.
The default page layout of Content > Sidebar will be set by default when the Happy & Playful Theme is activated.
How To Configure The Content Archives
The following defaults will be set upon Activation of the Happy & Playful theme:
- For Content Archives, the default setting of Entry excerpts is used by the demo.
- Include the Featured Image: Check the box to display the featured image.
- Image Size: Select the “sidebar-full” (300 x 300) for featured images.
- Image Alignment: Set to Left
- Post Navigation Technique: Select Numeric in the drop down box.
Be sure to click the Save Settings button to preserve your changes.