The Happy & Playful theme includes the option to add a Background Image to your site. This image will display behind the content (around the outer edges of the site).
Go to Appearance > Customize > Background Image to select an image.
This theme comes preloaded with a background image you can use.
You can click Remove to remove the image or Change Image to select a new one.
Click Select Image to add a new background image to your site, if desired.
After you select an image, new options will appear, as described below.
Note: The available options will vary depending upon which child theme is active and the theme’s default settings. To see all the options as described below, choose the Custompreset.
- Preset: If you’d like to control all the available settings individually, choose Custom. If you’d like to use a preset, you can choose from the following options : Fill Screen, Fit to Screen, or Repeat. When you choose a preset, some of the settings described below are pre-configured and will become unavailable.
- Image Position: Choose where the background image should be displayed on the screen. For example, you can choose the top left corner, top middle, top right corner, etc.
- Image Size: Choose whether the image should stay the original size that you uploaded or if it should be dynamically resized to fit or fill the screen. If you choose Fit to Screen, the image will be resized as needed so it will cover the screen from left to right. If you choose Fill Screen, the image will be “stretched” so it covers the entire screen from top to bottom and left to right. Note that if the original size of your image is smaller than the screen, the image may become distorted if you choose to fit or fill the screen.
- Repeat Background Image: Check the box to allow your background image to tile, or to be repeated, across the screen.
- Scroll with Page: Check the box to allow your background image to move with the page as you scroll up and down. When this box is unchecked, the image will stay in one place (fixed position) as you scroll up and down the page.
Be sure to click the Save & Publish button to preserve your changes.