The Modern Blogger Pro theme by Pretty Darn Cute Design is one of the most popular feminine premium WordPress themes in the marketplace today. It’s the perfect theme for a female blogger.
As part of providing theme support, I get asked a lot of questions that are outside the scope of theme support* Most recently, I was asked how to add three images to the home page of the this theme, which could be clickable to an external site.
This is a pretty straightforward customization, as the Modern Blogger Pro theme already has the perfect widget in place on the home page, so the easiest way to accomplish the goal here is to add two plugins:
Once these plugins have been installed and activated, next steps are:
- Load the three images to your Media Library
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets > locate your Slider Widget, and “drag” three image widgets into this location.
- Add your three images to three image widgets, using the settings in this screenshot.
- In order to align them horizontally, add the appropriate CSS class. The first image will have a CSS class of one-third first; the second and third widgets will have a CSS class of one-third
That was easy, right? Want to see this in action? Head on over to my test site here: (Modern Blogger Pro)
* Why is this outside the scope of theme support you may ask? Theme support for any of the Pretty Darn Cute Design themes is limited to setting up the site to look and function like the demo; making any further adjustments to the look and functionality of the theme is customization.
Have you purchased the Modern Blogger Pro theme, but not yet installed it? Did you know I offer a theme setup service? I can have your site set up to match the theme’s demo settings in under 24 hours. You can learn more here: (24 hour theme setup)
If you’ve already installed the theme, and just want assistance with making tweaks? I’m available to do that, too! Just ask here: (talk to Susan!)